Who needs the healing and health benefits of CBD?
What is so amazing about CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is naturally produced in the flower of cannabis which has, for centuries, been harvested for medicinal purposes. In recent decades the medical community has been aware of the plant’s potential value to treat the symptoms of many diseases and disorders. But the stigma associated with the misuse of a derivative compound known as “THC,” which is mind altering, hindered research studies on the potential benefits. Today the therapeutic values of CBD are being tested and confirmed by scientists and doctors around the world.
Many seeking safe alternatives to addictive pharmaceuticals have embraced CBD. As a non-addictive, non-mind altering choice to relieve chronic pain, anxiety, inflammation, depression and other conditions, CBD is proving to be effective. Increased research and glowing testimonies from patients and physicians are building the case for CBD in treatments for a wide range of afflictions, including:
- Autoimmune diseases (inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Neurological conditions (Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, Huntington’s chorea, stroke, traumatic brain injury)
- Metabolic syndrome (diabetes, obesity)
- Neuropsychiatric illness (autism, ADHD, PTSD, alcoholism)
- Gut disorders (colitis, Crohn’s)
- Cardiovascular dysfunction (atherosclerosis, arrhythmia)
- Skin disease (acne, dermatitis, psoriasis)
Some suggest CBD as a supplement in cancer treatment programs. Most states (including Alabama) allow CBD oil products to be purchased with the approval of a licensed health care provider.